Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Without God there's a lot left. How about we begin with our Constitution and the 7,000 years of history rooted in the British Iles that culminated in it's creation.
Our Constitution is indeed based on Christian thought and British history, such as the Magna Carta are indelibly Catholic documents.

Please tell what there is in my political and economic beliefs that resonates of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels?
I don't know all of your politics, maybe not even any of it. But would you be against laws repealing no-fault divorce? Are you against basic Christian education in school? Would you be against laws blocking women from assuming combat roles in the military? Would you be against laws citing Biblical justifications?

Starman, like Marx, claims that religion is the "opiate of the masses" when in reality it is just the opposite. Starman, Marx and other Progs promote license under the banner of "freedom" yet all they really do is promote chaos. Chaos, which of course, the Statists have solutions for. Isn't that convenient?

For instance, look at the liberal divorce laws. No fault divorce, splitting the property between 2 of the parties while completely ignoring the children, etc. What's the result of this chaos Progressives/Marxists have created? Poverty, mental illness, crime and alienation. And of course, to solve all these things, we need more police, government mental health care & counseling, and elaborate court system to enforce divorce decrees. And as a bonus, all those alienated children grow up sexually confused having little or no idea what it means to be a man and they vote for more government. Nice trick, isn't it?

Tyrone,

Are you so oblivious that you can't even read my signature block:

Nobody spends somebody else�s money as carefully as he spends his own.
The U.S Government has a unique capacity for getting things upside down.
Milton Friedman.

Do you even know who Milton Friedman is?
Do you have any idea what he says about the family unit and divorce? (obviously not.)

Are you against basic Muslim Education in school?
Would you be against laws citing Koranic justifications?

As for the Magna Carta, of course it used Catholic language, the original version was written by a Catholic Archbishop, and later annulled by a Catholic Pope, Innocent III, which lead to another war. In the 1600 the Magna Carta was used to argue against that all so Christine doctrine of the Devine Right of Kings.

Bottom line is, I'm about the furthest think you can find from a Marxist, demonstrating your characterization of Atheist as Marxist is not correct. With all due respect, it's simple 4th grade set theory where you draw venn diagrams.

I hate to use the term, but yes to be a "True Marxist", you must be an atheist in the sense that you cannot believe in a supernatural god. But that does not make all atheist Marxist. , and every time you claim is does, you do a disservice to yourself by diminishing your integrity.

If you have issue with Marxist, that fair. So do I. Take it up with the Marxist.

If you have an issue with my non-acceptance of your theistic claims. That's fine we can discuss the factual reasons why, in my opinion, your theistic clams fail to meet their burden of proof.

What you may not do is claim that my non-belief in your God makes me a Marxist. It's dishonest, and offensive, so if you are a man of integrity, you need to stop.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell