Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
Love is described as being unconditional/God is Love, John 3:16 is conditional. Salvation is conditional. We have a contradiction.

And what about Blood Sacrifice?

Torture and Murder? of one's own child?

Torturing and Murdering your own child over rules you created and could change with out the murder and torture?

Real problems for the bible, but things that cannot be considered or acknowledged by believers because it puts the whole thing into question.

Interesting.... you may want to read what the Bible has to say about “stumbling block.”

You might want to read what the bible says about love and god:

1 Corinthians 13; Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''

1 John 4:7-8; Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Then the clear and undeniable contradictions:

"And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord?" Exodus 4:11

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies". Isaiah 42:13

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" (Amos
3:6, KJV)

Whoever is not with me is against me (Matthew 12:30, Luke 11:23)

''Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction'' - Romans 9:21-23

If Love does not keep records of wrongs, Love cannot punish children for the 'sins of their fathers.

If Love does not delight in evil, Love does not knowingly and deliberately create evil and strife.

If Love always protects, Love does not create evil or 'vessels fitted for destruction'

Interesting collection of verses that you list.

The you make your error in the last three lines of your post.... you tell us what YOU conclude.

You seem unable to escape. You are in a prison of wrong thinking and don’t know it.

The is no error on my part. The verses describe love and contradict its given attributes in other verses. Obviously this does present contradictions.

Your claim of error is a means of dismissal and defense without actually having to deal with the issue.