Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by OldHat
You really don't read the Bible, that combined with your inability to utter a statement of worship talks.

"Therefore thus says the LORD: “If you return, I will restore you, and you shall stand before me. If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall be as my mouth. They shall turn to you, but you shall not turn to them."(Jer 15:19 ESV)
People who don't really know much about what they claim to believe often refer to a text of what they are supposed to believe to address simple concepts about what they actually do believe.

To a Christian the Bible is not "a text". To a Christian The Bible is, ah, Gospel. To a Christian The Bible is Truth. To a Christian The Bible is sacred. To a Christian The Bible is The Word of God.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." (Joh 1:1 ESV)
"But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” (Mat 4:4 ESV)
"The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces." (Psa 119:72 ESV)

It's arrogance to think we know better than God's word.

A Christian would know this.