Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Atheism is pure materialism. It's no wonder that nearly all Marxists are Atheist.
Not even close. Atheism is nothing more than a lack of conviction in the existence of a God or gods. Anyone of any political persuasions can lack conviction.
No, it's spot on. When you don't have the spiritual you are left with....???

Can you answer that?

Starman would have got along famously with Karl Marx.

Tyrone,

Without God there's a lot left. How about we begin with our Constitution and the 7,000 years of history rooted in the British Iles that culminated in it's creation.

Please tell what there is in my political and economic beliefs that resonates of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels?

Is there much left without God?

At the end of the day....one is left with the prospect of their own impending death. While we are “young” we live like death is a long way off.... so far away that one need not be much concerned about it.

I was present once, when a lady in her 50’s was close to death after a three year bout with cancer. A pastor was there visiting with her. She reached out and took his hand and said “Pastor Mike, be sure to get people ready to go down that road that they don’t expect to go....but all do.”

This lady had had a husband and children and a full life, but the all that was taken away and that “good life” and the love she shared in her family seemed distant .... maybe even dimmed by time and illness.... and that life “lived” was of course, not a source of hope as she lay there.

What was really left to her?

Was God.... God.... really enough and was He really a source of hope and indeed.....joy?

This lady, a couple of weeks before she went home .... smiled and whispered to a friend...”Richard, I can hear the angels singing”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”