Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I don't see how these many, greatly varied, and widely dispersed views of early Christians support your hypothesis of a close group of followers that actually knew him.
”...60 Gospels...”, “...sects that couldn't agree if he was god, man, both, both but at different times, or just an apparition...”, “...differences on works vs. faith, following the law, and even disagreements upon if the Gods of the old and New Testament could even be the same God or not.” All of these things that you mentioned are all things that took some time to come about. Years after Jesus’ death (and resurrection) even. The people that I mentioned who knew Jesus personally and chose to follow Him, such as Peter, Andrew, James, John, Mary, and Martha...did so before Jesus’ crucifixion (even though their faith was tremendously bolstered after the resurrection); the things you mentioned and referred to all occurred later. Often many years later.

Takes those names, and replace them with names from Homer...or the Greek myths...and substitute Hercules's or Achilles for Jesus...

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell