Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Btw.... you are also wrong when you allege that I believe that only Christians have morals. Antelope Sniper could chime in about how atheists can have “morals.” One does not have to be “religious” or “Christian” to have morals. Further, as he defined that previous discussion, I agree with him.

Go ahead and be angry.

So some atheists have morals but all Christians have morals, really? How is it even possible then that those atheists have morals at all (from a Christian point of view)?

Well, this is a legit issue. I would posit that “all” people have some sort of moral code or belief in what is right or wrong..... moral or immoral.

For example, most people would look at Moslems and recognize that they live by a “code.” We may not share nor appreciate that code, but a code it is. Lance

So morals exist outside of Christianity - so why would shifting to Christianity make the world a better place, especially when they also display immoral behaviour. Take morality off the table of the ID/atheistic debate? What other benefits are left to claim from Christianity in particular?

There is an interesting angle in your comment. It seems to me that simply “shifting to Christianity” .....if you mean shifting the world to a “Christian moral code” is not the goal .... not the aim and may not be the “solution” to achieving “utopia” on earth.

Seems to me that a major goal of Christians is to bear witness and to spread the gospel. We seek to add souls into the Body of Christ. One does not get into Heaven by living a good “moral” life..... one gets into Heaven by seeing his sin, seeking God and accepting the free gift of salvation. Simply address God.....honestly.... and ask.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”