Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Starman
#1. Where have I ever claimed physical matter
is the only reality?
As I said, fair enough. All you do is slam Christianity and call people of faith "God botherers", so my assumption is that you are Atheist. Am I wrong?

#2. Where have I ever caimed worldly possessions
constitute the highest value in life?
If you are Atheist, there is no spiritual realm. Therefore, the only thing that exists is the material realm. You are therefore a materialist. Maybe not a dialectic materialist, but a materialist nonetheless.

#3. How would you know how much physical /
material comfort I have or that I have excluded
spiritual and intellectual persuit.?
To a materialist, the things that matter are Worldly success - money, happiness, freedom from pain, freedom from suffering, etc. They have intellectual pursuits, but the pursuits are either geared towards the here & now or maybe something like a legacy... being famous. Failure at any of these things is a mark towards being a failure in life.

Tell us about your spiritual pursuits.

Keep in mind that nobody is 100% Materialist or 100% Spiritual. Humans are far too complicated for absolutes.

Tyrone. You have this bad tendency to "strawman" atheist. I don't think you do so out of malice, but out of a lack of understanding of the diversity of though within the atheist community.

To begin with, an atheist does not accept god claims. That's it. There's nothing in that definition requiring the total non-acceptance of all things spiritual. For example, there are atheist who don't believe in god(s), but do believe in ghosts and poltergeist. Additionally take an atheist who is also a Platonist. Although they do not believe in any god(s), they believe in the Realm of Forms, where the perfect form of all things exist. So, your claim that all Atheist are materialist is false.

By extension, everything you claim is point three is false. Atheist can be Platonist or Stoics, both of which place greater emphasis on how you live your life than the accumulation of material possessions, or a hundred other philosophies for that matter.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell