Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Major pillars of the Christian Faith are now known to be Mythical, the 6 days creation, garden of eden, the Flood story, Exodus, Joshua's conquest of Judea are pure myth. Even the tales of King David are now known to be at least mostly if not completely myth, and the current research on Jesus and even Mohammad is moving in that direction as well.
Actually, there's archeological evidence of many of those things.
In fact, there's a theory of physics that says something like not only is the Universe expanding, but so is time. So, the creation timeline is true in a sense and we are only on the 8th or 9th day. Wish I could remember what the theory is called, but it wasn't proposed by a Christian TTBOMK.

Tyrone, what you say about the Archeology is consistent with the state of our understanding 30 to 40 years ago. When debating this with other Christians, I find it common for their sources to be from the 1970's and earlier because they don't want to deal with our progress since then. A couple of examples are how the dating of the destruction of sights attributed to Joshua, no longer match up, and are generally much later. Same for most of Solomon and David's alleged building projects. There is no rescuing any literal reading of The Flood, and your proposed relativist interpretation of the 6 days still has the problem where in Genesis the days are specifically defined as "And the evening and the morning". The writers were clearly depicting what we consider a 24 hour period as a day.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell