Originally Posted by pavementends
I watched my 70 yr old mother all 130 lbs of her set a 6 cyl Goldwing back up on its wheels after being shown the proper technique. Hard to believe it is not taught to all new riders.
Pavementends

Ya, you put your back to the downed bike, grab the end of the handlebar on the ground, and then with your back straight lift with your legs (NOT your back) walking backwards, plus a Goldwing is designed not to tip all the way over.

All of this works good on a flat, firm surface assuming the motorcycle isn't actually inclined somewhat upside down. For example, to state an extreme example I had a buddy whose parked BMW OilHead GS went end over end off of a dirt bank in Big Bend grin

Fortunately there were other guys present, and though the windshield was toast the bike was still rideable, the extra dings and dents adding authenticity to the dual-sport design, or so I told him grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744