Originally Posted by deflave
The first step in finding the perfect motorcycle is being able to afford one.

Thank you for an opportunity for talking about myself some more.

Actually I prob'ly could afford a motorcycle at this point, I'm paying $600 a month less interest now than I was 30 months back when I assumed all the debt. So if'n I could tolerate three more years of debt I could be out of debt AND pay off a brand-new Softail by 2022. I mean it ain't like I'm gonna run out and fix the AC and replace the water heater right away anyway. But.... 2020 is my goal.

I might run out to the Harley dealership tomorrow if I ate and breathed motorcycles like I did after coming back from Africa. Living in that shack on that deer lease I landed smack dab into the midst of the East Texas Harley culture. People for whom their motorcycle was like a member of the family, for the next twelve years of my life I myself was on a motorcycle every day, my only transportation.

It prob'ly will be a Harley, its an itch I ain't scratched yet but it wont be the same as it was. See, I used to think that a motorcycle loaded up with camping gear, tent and bedroll with a whole Continent waiting on your doorstep was the finest thing in all creation.

But after you've done the same thing on a bicycle, motorcycles seem sorta..... ....ordinary.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744