Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Found it, turns out it was backed up on "the cloud".

Here ya go.... Ghana 1981....

You can see another one anchored just off the beach so I dunno the one I was on was a full thirty feet, but of course being they're all carved out of a tree trunk they are all different. You can see the handle to the outboard behind the one guy. Most of the canoe is filled up with the net. Those things on the mast are kerosene lanterns, they keep 'em up there to help keep them dry, they spend the night tied to the net floats so the guys can see where the net is. Its a drift net, they play it out and tie one end to the canoe. Under Tropical conditions, eating the local foods, Western guys typically become skinny as a rail, which is why I'm so thin. Women on the other hand typically put on 20lbs, something to do with metabolism.

[Linked Image]

So there I was...... Um..... perhaps you guys need to get out more?

Nice ...
So ya helped em launch it and waved at em and said good luck to em in whatever pigdin they speak as they went out to sea.

JK...

Holy crap! A Campfire fishing trip! Airfare ain't all that much, cost of living over there is dirt cheap. Let me do the talking and they'll put us up fer nuthin', you being a fellow Ashanti Prince and all....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744