Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
It is difficult to label one bike as being perfect.

Big dresser for long hauls and cruising - I rode a Goldwing from Kentucky to Alaska solo - best ride of my life.
250-400 dual sport for short fun trips when you are riding solo up to 55 and might run a trail or two
Maybe a Versys 300 for in town riding
A 1 liter sport bike (or bigger) for those crazy times when only wild ass speed will cure what ales you. My blue Kawasaki ZRX1200 fit that bill nicely
Harleys? For some reason just never wanted to own one for various reasons.

I still can't deny the fact that if I were forced to stay with only one bike for everything it might be a lowered KLR 650. It does a lot of things right but not exceptional in any area other than it is easy to work on.

The current concept of Adventure bikes is nice in theory but most are just to heavy to do any serious trail riding. That includes my 2018 V Strom 1000. The main reasons I purchased it was a comfortable riding position, plenty of power, and the front wheel stays on the ground when I open the throttle. Plus I bought it for $3K off the price since it was a leftover.

No doubt about it, a serious rider needs more than one bike. The hard part is finding the cash and sneaking them in past the wife.
[Linked Image]

I really want a KTM Adventurer but even the KTM dealer tells me they're too much bike. He says all the latinos around here that ride to South America do so on the V-Stroms. For whatever reason they push those things hard. But I love KTM's and the 1,300cc's appeal to me.

But in the middle is that GD Africa Twin and I just think it would be tough to beat at its price point.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house