Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It was to get broken in hard on the 190 mile trip home. The ergonomics were so sport bike extreme that my arms and upper body were getting pretty taxed after 100 miles,...

I got a worse story than that..... one time I was stuck in stop and go traffic on I 35 through Austin, really slow even for Austin, maybe there was a wreck I don’t recall. I was on my Ninja in the classic monkey-screwing-a-football position.

For a while there had been a high-dollar BMW sedan in back, one lane over, didn’t pay it much attention. Then that lane starts to move and the BMW passes slowly by, as it does the driver, a flaming homosexual, blows me a kiss grin

I wanted to go home and shower in Lysol.

My little brother, who I used to road race with bought a Yamaha R1 (2017) and the ergonomics were so extreme that he bought a set of after market foot pegs(adjustable) to make the thing rideable. I'm not sure if the bikes have more extreme ergonomics than they did 15 years ago, or if he is just getting older?
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker