Originally Posted by 40O
Can't say enough good things about my Africa Twin. At ten grand less then the BMW I went to the dealer to buy, I dont mind dropping it. Well, not as much as I'd mind dropping a bike that costs ten grand more! I'm heading out this weekend, taking my 16 year old nephew to an offroad course. Got him a little CRF240L to use. If you're planning on road touring with easy dirt roads, I'd get the BMW. If you feel like acting a kid, look at the new KTM 790 Adventure R. If you want to ride to Moab instead 9f trailering a bike, Acrica Twin all day any day. Here's my bike waiting for a new rotor. Old rotor was bent somewhere south of Superior.

[img]https://s.amsu.ng/cKngYPa3VOVN[/img]

Supposed to be a really good bike. Watched an adventure bike shootout, 3 of the 6 guys at the end chose the African Twin. The suspension isn't supposed to be quite as good as the KTM, but still one of the best out there. Except for the Burgman, of course. whistle

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope