Had two BMWs before the Harley...R90S back in the 1970s and the in the 90s my brother gave me his R75/6...both had crash bars... Only have been down once on the road, on the S, and the crash bar saved the jugs....and my legs...

Wasn't going to put bars on the Harley but a friend who had a Police Defender just like it advised it was only a matter of time before most everyone goes down and the bars would prevent one from have a leg pinned to the ground...sounded good to me and also was a great spot to put a set of driving lights as the stock 5" Harley headlight is a crime...and has been since replaced with a LED unit... Also keeps it up off the ground for easier pickup if it does go down...

At the time I bought the T-SPORT my GF bought a Sportser Sport...the fastest of the fast... Before she even rode the bike she was sitting on it in her driveway...it was a little tall for her and she tipped it over...trapping her leg under the bike... If the neighbor had not been home she would have been in the driveway for the day... She also bought a crashbar for her bike...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....