Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Yep, however, don't see what that would have to do with a discussion of motorcycles? Even less than praising scooters. Geebus, a 600 pound f u c k i n g scooter! State of the art, old guy scooter. LOL

And you wouldn't believe the the number of riders who thought like you that I carved up on my Burgman. It's a fluking thing of beauty I tell ya.

Swell. Still no interest. But your others are interesting.

I have owned and ridden a bit of everything and managed to enjoy it. Two wheels and open air is rarely a bad thing. As an adult I have owned a:

Suzuki Burgman 400
Suzuki Burgman 650 (2)
Suzuki DR650
Suzuki DL650
Suzuki GSX650F
Suzuki SV1000S
Honda XR650L (2)
Honda Reflex
Honda Big Ruckus 250
Kawasaki Versys 650
Kawasaki ZR-7
Yamaha FJR1300
Victory Cross Country Tour

It's hard to say which one I liked best. I really came to appreciate the cruise control on the big Victory on tours. The FJR made huge power and provided good long distance comfort. Mine was pre cruise control days. The SV had the most exciting power plant. I'd love that very engine in a purpose built touring bike with all the amenities. The GSX650F was a surprisingly good all arounder. The V Strom has serious buffeting issues and was badly behaved in a strong cross wind. The Versys was a good all around bike but was uninspiring on balance. I liked the DR650 better than the XR650Ls. The Burgman was a great twist and go tourer. It made for some good gas station conversations as well. If I were to go buy a new bike today, it may very well be an FJR. If cost were no object? Harley Full Dresser. If I were to go buy a used bike, a Burgman 650 would be high on the list. In fact if one pops up for the right price, I'll buy one. I am surprised for the MSRP on the damned things they haven't added a stereo and cruise control.