Human 1.0,s and Birdwatcher = 1

Sharks= 0

I find that hurtful.

They had a driftnet maybe 200 yards long maybe 15ft deep, filled up most of the canoe when not deployed, took 'em about an hour to deploy or retrieve. The haul by morning was several tuna, two sharks and a dolphin. Going out they trailed a line with a lure and had a charcoal grill fired up, caught maybe four or five maybe 4ft tuna and a dolfin fish. Chopped 'em up and cooked 'em on the grill en route. Hey, one of the better meals I've had cool

In a live tuna you can see a vague outline of yourself in it's silver side, metabolism is so high that they vibrate around the bottom of the boat side a wind-up toy, then die all of a sudden a short time later, fade to dull quickly upon dying. That dolfin was beautiful shades of green and yellow when alive, but likewise faded quick after death.

The sharks IIRC were blacktips, one maybe 12 ft the other just around 4ft. They whaled away with wooden paddles on the heads of those sharks to make sure they were dead before getting them out of the net. The dolphin was already drowned, the rest of the school circling the canoe when they pulled it in over the side.

It all got eaten, nothing goes to waste.

As long as we were underway I was fine, going out you'd climb the long slope of a swell, get to the top and see for miles (I was all the way up front) and then come crashing down. Once in a while flying fish would pop up out of the water and glide off down the slope looking like them balsa wood gliders with wind-up propellers.

Once we stopped and the canoe started bobbing around I was sick as a dog, threw up everything and progressed to dry heaves.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744