Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by rem141r
no motorcycle built in the past 25 years is parking lot rebuildable unless you have a schit ton if tools, skill and knowledge.

Birdbath has neither skill or knowledge.

Skilled enough to put in a quarter million highway miles in one piece, knock on wood. Which is what really counts at the end of the day. Had a number of close calls of course.

The time my guardian angel really stepped in was the time I made the mistake of riding faster than I could see, an error which has killed and maimed very many motorcyclists.

I was running hard down a country road and topped a rise at around 90mph, only to find on the other side of that rise an unexpected, poorly-marked 30mph curve which probably woulda been about a 45 mph proposition. My helmet was riding on the sissy bar of course.

The last thought in my mind was what everybody says in such situations.. "Oh schidt!"

The next moment I was in the grass bouncing around on the bike, then I was sliding on my back next to the bike, slid right through an open gate in a barb-wire fence. Didn't get a scratch, had long grass sticking out everywhere. The whole front end of the bike was bent at a 45 degree angle off of plumb, and I had dented in the gas tank on both sides with my knees, a thing which I ordinarily could not come close to doing.

It still started and ran so I limped it fifteen miles to the dealership like that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744