Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Robert_White

My last bike was a KLR650, actually it became my last bike when I pulled it out of storage after two years one morning when my Beemer crapped out yet again. Drained the oil, dropped in a battery and it fired right up like it had just been ridden the day before.

GREAT bike, right out of the box. I pulled some 1,000 mile Interstate days on mine, flogged it off road and on, and in a corner the first thing that woulda touched down was the handlebars cool Dead-nuts reliable too.

Oh you've got the 60" wide handlebars on your klr.

Weird

Dunno, I only ever dropped it in the dirt, you could pull some serious lean angles on the street tho. I stepped off of two years and 40,000 miles on a 750 Ninja onto that KLR and on the ride home thought, "WTF is this, a moped?". That was before I came to appreciate the joys of flogging a bike with limited horses on tap down a winding back road. To run with the fast boys you had to hit every shift and braking point just right.

Then there was that whole dirt angle too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744