Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by Bristoe
2003-2004 Suzuki 650 Burgman's had faulty primary spline adapters as they came from the factory. If the adapter took a dump it would fry the transmission,..and they were taking a dump with alarming regularity. A guy in Poland started manufacturing some that would fix the problem so I sent off to Poland for one of them and installed it in my bike. They've got videos in English that detail the process now. But back when I installed mine I only had this to go by. I wanted my wife to translate, but she was unfamilar with a lot of the mechanical terms he was using.

I didn't know what da fug he was saying, but after watching the video a couple of times, I figured it out. I didn't beat the hell out of mine with a brass hammer, however.

Just buy the DR650 and be done with it. Rode it around a bit today, great bike.

DR650's are dual purpose bikes. They're good for what they're good for. But a 650 Burgman is a middleweight Goldwing. They're made for eating up lots of miles at interstate speeds comfortably.

Dude, it's a scooter. On steroids, but in the final analysis, a scooter.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope