Fell off a few times at speed. Never once had a leg caught under the bike. Can see it happening if it tips over standing still...and you're slow...Best application of a crash bar, is on a Goldwing. If you fall on a cam pulley, it's gonna be bad! I don't care for them, but see the value. I went from an R100RS to a Harley (Sportster), as well. Both air cooled large twins. Couldn't be more different. The Beemer was nice, and suited what I needed at the time. The Harley was more fun. Sure missed the weather protection and storage, at times. Usually rode the passenger pegs, at speed on the highway. Not bad, like that, with superbike bars. Still getting used to the sit up and beg Lowrider seating position. Works surprisingly well. I'm awful short though. Its funny watching me try to reach the highway pegs.Rode more race/crotch rocket stuff than anything else. Old, slow, but still enjoying it. That's the deal. The perfect bike, is the one that YOU like. Enjoy it. Wish I had a bunch of them, but I'm poor...