Schitt Stick, you guys grow trees on accident in AK. We don't get that much moisture or daylight in our growing season. However that lends trees with exceptionally dense fiber that make the high dollar specialty plywood thats kept me in a job. Back when I was a Lathe Bitch our average size on Fir we peeled was 13.8" and Larch was 18" even. You couldn't even get a toad that size up our stepfeeder. Most of the schitt we're logging up here has been logged at least twice. Hippies keep us from logging the last of our Old Growth around here. I never was a logger though, I was too smart for that (and the mills pay better.)

Maybe once I run out of the 20K or so 147 MG pulls I have here (and the 32 Lbs of WCC844) I'll try one of those 7-08's. Until then I'll just keep shooting my 308's for 7 cents a reload. I'll be sure and say a prayer before I squeeze the trigger and hope that the 308s far inferior ballistics will maybe kill Deer and Elk.

Besides, if God had wanted Mankind to use the metric system, Jesus would've had 10 Apostles instead of 12.

I like yer hat though... Bet mines older
[Linked Image]

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall