I can only say that if my scopes where mounted the way Jeff has his I would have been bit more than I have. Yes, I been "touched" a couple times. With Jeff's set up I would just plan on getting bit when shooting from some odd angle. Either that or accept the infamous ghost ring.

What must be odd with me is that no matter what the power on my Leupold 2.5-8x as I mount the gun I automatically adjust without thinking and end up with a full view thru the scope. Seems nobody else has mentioned that. I know my check must not have the holy grail of check weld that Jeff places so much importance on, but not sure it's that important when I'm essentially trying to hit "someplace" close to the center of a 10in circle.

Jeff, it works for you because your stance is not normal and as someone else has said is not conducive to good field shooting. You seem to shoot more than most and according to you have reached a more than acceptable level of accomplishment.

Start from the ground up with a better foundation and after a period of adjustment you probably will be better than previously. Most times in sports, improvement means being willing to move out of your comfort zone in order to elevate your performance. Think Tiger Woods and what he did to get better. Just a suggestion. Do with it what you want.

laissez les bons temps rouler