Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
That's all well and good guys... except...

If the scope on my M7 was mounted any further forward, I'd lose my full sight picture (unless I crawled the stock forward from my natural position). Period. This is a fixed-eye-relief scope; it's not hard to see this. How this concept escapes you guys is beyond me, other than the before-mentioned "experts syndrome".

The 2.5x8 Loopy on my .325 WSM Montana is as far back as the Talley's will let it go. If I could, I'd probably bring it even further back, another 1/8" or so. If ever there's a rifle that bucks, that'd be it... never touches me. Ever. I practice with it all the time from field positions, prone, whatever. I shot my cow elk at a very steep up-angle with it this last fall, about as steep as you will get short of perhaps sheep hunting. No problem.

My sporter .338 sports a 3.5x10 Conquest, also nominally fixed eye relief. It's also mounted as close to me as possible. If I could, I'd move that one back a little more, too. Again, I shoot it all the time from field positions. No problems, never been touched by that scope.

So what ever shall I do? Shall I mount my scopes according to how people say on the internet, even though it's worse for me and my body? Or shall I mount them such that they work best for me? Gosh, I'm in a tizzy... wringing hands... so confused...

Seriously guys... think about it. Mounted where it is, I close my eyes, throw up the rifle, open my eyes, and everything is perfect, right where I want it, full sight picture, no moving my head around, nuthin'. Perfect. And, the scope NEVER HITS ME.

In what possible way, could a scope be mounted better FOR ME than what I just described? They are my fuggin' rifles.

So what, exactly, is the problem? And why, exactly, should I change?

You'd have to look like this for your rig to fit..just sayin
g

[Linked Image]

Laffin! We finally have a good pic of Jeff O!