Originally Posted by 1akhunter
143 pages????

can someone send the clif notes?

Well, shee-it... here's my Clif note version:

OP asks if there's much difference twixt the two cartridges.

Me and bunch of other guys say there ain't enough difference to get horned up over.

A dude called TryMe (Big Stick) DOES get all horned up over what amounts to ballistic minutia gack, and myself and others followed him down that dark path. smile

Then we had limericks. That was fun. For me anyways. Gotta love a little drinkin' and limerickin'.

Then TryMe got all squirrely about providing details about the 7mm-08 load he was pimpin' as the .308-beater. That was eyebrow-raising for some of us since his claimed velocity was WAY over what any load manual says is possible for that powder (2700 fps with 162-gn AMAX's and RL15 from a 22" factory barrel).

Then TryMe left or got booted. Too bad, so sad, on full moon nights you can still hear his cry...

Then a bunch of people spent about a month taking shots at me in order to try and sugercoat the fact that TryMe got his butt whipped fair and square.

Then, just when it seemed dead and done, Sitka Deer had to get all pissy about how I mount my scopes. Some mayhem ensued.

Then the thread was mercifully hijacked by the present company of gentlemen mostly from Montana, who continue to impress me with their general good nature and civility. Must be the water over there.

Now, 1akhunter, if you'd like to see if what I posted above is a fair assessment you'll just have to go read the thread for yourself! crazy

Oh yeah- just for form's sake: TryMe, post your load!

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!