Mcmurph, you are probably right! I do wonder, since in many cases the very same guys getting scope-bit are the ones mounting it forward of my preferred position and then obsessing over getting a full field of view (meaning, scootching forward on the buttstock). That said, I still suspect that you are correct- for most people. Not all.

Here's a funny example. Guy on another thread is getting whacked by a 30-30 (!)... He's following Sitka's advice of mounting the scope far forward, then "chasing" the image by moving his head forward on the stock...

But in the end, all I know for sure is that what I do works great for me, and I know this because I shoot thousands of rounds a year... And that's why I get frustrated when someone 1000 miles away tells me I'm doing it "wrong". There us no "wrong". There's what works, and what doesn't, and that will be different for different folks. Can't see how scope mounting is any different from LOP or trigger pull weight and so on, in that regard.

I will again extend the invite to (almost) any of you to go shootin' if you are in the area! Heck, we can even do some friendly wagering. I know what I can do.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!