Originally Posted by Jeff_O
No, but partly from fitting that shotgun, I know when a rifle fits me. From there, I know how to mount a scope so that it fits me, too.

This might be part of your problem. Fitting a shotgun isn't nearly the same as fitting a rifle and thinking that a "fitting is a fitting" is fallacy.

The primary reason to fit a shotgun (as I see it) is to make the pattern go exactly where you are looking whilst holding said weapon. This usually involves working on cast on/off, pitch and drop. I know you aren't adjusting your cast on your rifle stocks and it doesn't appear that you have added or removed anything to the comb of that M7. Highly doubt you've messed with pitch either. LOP isn't nearly as critical to a good shotgun fit (it's important to be sure but compared to the other) as cast, pitch and drop.

The shotgun will hit where you are looking, you really shouldn't be "looking" at the end of the barrel, just the target (breaking edge of the clay or bird) which may be between 10 and 65 yards away. A rifle is different, you fixate on an image an inch and a half above the bore and a foot in front of your face.

COMPLETELY different deal. And feeling is subjective. I don't know of anyone who can fit a shotgun or rifle to themselves and do as well of a job as someone who gets help.

Me