Rural Doc, I won't argue that on the 165/308 vs 708/140, but they both do fine in a pinch. A 154 roundnose, as unsexy as it is will likely do a bang up job up close, in a 7/08, giving fast initial expansion. My 708 woods kills inc. 139 Hornady, 140 btip, 140 Sierra BTSP, and in the open also used 130 Sierra SSP (now disc.), the btip did ruin a shoulder, and a Hornady 139 exited a Mulie neck, it re-entered a ham and that was a 'had to shoot now/lose an opportunity) as my 4x at around 115 yds did not let me notice a sapling on the first shot, deflected my shot and the deer was then facing me, hind end higher up.....common distance any deer went after a 708 hit was 15-30 yds, if not in tracks. I also prefer exits in the woods, ESPECIALLY in the evening hunts. An Accubond likely will dig deeper than a Btip. 120 TSX might outdo that one yet, if you need it.

As to one poster here, I guess he does not get it. I am not going to get in a pissing contest w/anyone, so I won't 'TryHim' as he seems to want to pick a 'Gunfight' LOL. I respect others experiences and opinions, but I have NO respect for those who are disrespectful and condescending to everyone who is not regurgitating their own thoughts/opinions, regardless if their 'Gack quotes' are factual.

It is immature and pointless.