Originally Posted by castandblast
Originally Posted by battue

Waiting for: "Try me, post your load".

JO posted HIS load on 4/26/07, no wonder nobody trusts him with load data:
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I'll tell you my load but only if you read this first:

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY, THIS IS A *MAJOR* OVERLOAD ACCORDING TO EVERY LOADING MANUAL!!!!!! You'd be crazy to use this load from some idiot on the internet!!!!

Ahem.

That said, I'm using 46 grains of RL7 and 200-gn Hornady Interlocks. I've gone up to 47 grains/ 2650 fps then backed down, even though everything was still fine. I've shot this load on very hot days. I use re-sized Winchester .308 brass and F210 primers.

This is so far above book max, it's insane. However, IN MY RIFLE, my primers are round, extraction is easy, and brass life is indefinite- like 14, 15 reloads or more. There is NO sign of excess pressure- none.

My rifle is a Model 7 with a 20" Pac-Nor Supermatch barrel on it. I "found" this load because RL7 is the powder of choice for lighter bullets in .358. I couldn't get the velocity I wanted with the regular .358 powders, I3031 and I4895, without running out of case capacity so I thought I'd mess around with RL7... kept adding more a little at a time, and over the course of the summer I convinced myself that I was really onto something. I've since shot hundreds of rounds with that load, including today as a matter of fact!

Check the books carefully; I think book max is like 37 grains or something. Then do as you see fit. Don't be crazy and stick 46 grains of RL7 into a case and light it off- work up to it carefully, if at all. For all I know I have the one rifle that doesn't blow up with this load.

Please let me know how it works for you! I'm normally not so paranoid but this load is WAY above the books. Did I mention this load is way above book max?

:-)

-jeff

'Nuff said....

Jeff,

Explain...