Originally Posted by battue
And the "ghost ring" comment was also a casual reference?

Actually you cemented Art's original statement re: contorting your body to make something work.

Straight up head position with what appears to be shooting off flat feet may work in the living room, but leaves something to be desired in the field. Recoil must move you around a bit also.

I shoot non-AO scopes quite a bit at long range. A side benefit of having a little black around the image at full power is that it makes it easier to keep your head centered and avoid parallax to some degree. Try it.

I am not contorting my body. I WOULD be contorting my body if I moved the scopes forward. Especially the Zeiss on that M7.

I shoot from field positions all the time.

I am really and truly not trying to be difficult here, but it would be infuriating if it wasn't kind of funny, to have a bunch of people taking shots at me for mounting a scope slightly differently than they would. These are MY RIFLES, and I have put a lot of thought and testing into setting them up- for me. You think I haven't tried the scope a little forward from my preferred position? REALLY? Well, you'd be wrong.

It's especially funny that they keep mentioning getting hit by scopes, since that never happens to me, and is a symptom of "chasing" the image and crawling the stock- something I do not do.

A consistant cheek weld, a stunning eye box at low powers, and a little black around the image at high powers work great for me. YMMV.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!