Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Art, what in the world are you talking about? My Model 7? What in heck does THAT have to do with this topic?

Have you ever even handled a Zeiss 1.8-5.5 Conquest? Mounted one on a laminate Model 7? Do you have the same arm, neck, and head geometry that I do? Didn't think so... That scope is mounted exactly in the correct position- for ME.

But I digress... Your scope mounting and being so bright you do not even know what you did... And arguing about eye relief! Were it not so pathetic it would be funny.

I will state it in simple terms: That scope mounting is unusable by any normal person. To use it requires a ridiculous contortion of anything approaching a normal human form. Your claims take you so far into space it is sad.

Your opinion of me is of no concern to me, period.
art

Art,

You are utterly, completely, sanctimoniously WRONG. If you'd ever mounted that particular scope on a M7, you'd know it. You have not done so. I doubt you've ever even touched one of those scopes. Correct?

Shall I bring in a Campfire member who has shouldered that rifle to tell you how much "contorting" they had to do? Shall we talk about how my mounting puts the scope right in the exact right spot? That if it was mounted in a cosmetically "correct" position, it would be considerably less functional?

Should I mount it to please an internet blowhard like you, Art, looking at it on a computer screen... or so that it's correct for me and oh by the way everyone who's handled it as well?

I don't doubt you have considerable expertise in these matters. But sometimes, such expertise leads to a know-it-all arrogance that is the Achilles heel of people like you, and of TryMe for that matter. YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING, ART! You aren't always right!

I'm sure this will lead to yet another of your holier-than-thou posts telling me how horrible I am for setting up a rifle so that it's right for me. Yawn.

As to that punk Paul Walukewitz, I left the thread for a while after he showed up, and you made your comical U-turn on the subject of who was the loser for posting that crap. I didn't want to say something inappropriate to that little wanker publically. If I missed an actual apology, then that's great- good for him for being a man and owning what he'd done and trying to make it right. But unless it happened on this thread, there was no apology that I ever saw.

You're a small little clown, with a life that's a joke, and nothing left to it other than making an azz of yourself on-line.

And that's being generous.