Jeff, let me see if I understand your stance correctly.

You use as an example for your .308 load something that 1 guy says he has achieved in his .308, a velocity that many experienced shooters have questioned as being un-obtainable in their rifles.

Is that correct?

You have discounted 100 fps off of a 7-08 load with a velocity that many people feel is reasonable.

Is that correct?

Both loads are, from what I gather a tad on the long side for OAL, and it would appear that both may be a tad warm on the pressure side.

Is that correct?

After you arbitrarily discounted 100 fps from the 7-08 load, your purported .308 load demonstrates an infinitesimal advantage over the discounted 7-08 load.

Is that correct?

The small advantage the original 7-08 ballistics demonstrated was insignificant to the point that it could not be deemed superior.

Is that correct?

So how can, using your previous position, it be said that the .308 is now superior, with less of an advantage than the original 7-08 loading?

TryMe feels his load is superior to the .308. You yourself admittedly prefer the 7-08.

What the hell are we discussing here?

Arbitrary manipulations on you part only detract from whatever credibility your argument originally may have possessed.

There is no winning.
THIS AINT THE HILL TO DIE ON. LET THIS ONE GO.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)