Originally Posted by 340boy
Where your targets in the picture,Jeff?
Just below the road there?

Tim,

Well... I have steel plates scattered all over, from 250 yards out to 650 yards.

The "main" ridgeline there is right at 650 where it crests. I was just glassing to find rocks or patches of dirt or whatever, and then shooting at them... no real "targets" today. There's enough moisture in the soil that I could see my hits/misses in the dirt.

That little notch in the trees in the upper right, is at 850+ yards. I can't figure out a way to call my misses out that far, so I haven't shot at that much. I'm about ready to bribe my daughter with driving lessons in my truck on the logging roads, just to get a spotter for a couple hours!

Today, was a great day of shooting. Spent most of prone in the dirt, working on that. I was appreciating the flat stock on the Sendero, as well as the weight. It was the most "still" rifle of the bunch, rested on my pack.

My love affair with my 30-06 continues. Right now I'm just rockin' 165-gn Ballistic Tips from it at 2950 or so. I took some weight out of the buttstock a couple weeks ago, and swapped the kludge mounts/ring setup I had for Talleys... it has a Pac-Nor barrel and just flat out shoots. Love it.

My .338 only "bit" me once. Guess I didn't have it tucked in just right on my shoulder. I'm sure you can relate, Tim, being a magnum slut yourself! Every now and then, they remind you who's boss... grin...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!