I'm not a Jeff fan, but it is possible that with this stock, this scope and his individual body shape this is the compromise he came up with. However, it is an obvious compromise.

All my hunting stocks are just at or over 13in LOP. Most pick them up in the summer and say: "To short for me." I find it reveling they in winter when they have extra clothes on they say: "I think I could shoot this" or "feels good, how does it shoot."

LOP, pitch, cast and drop are terms usually applied to shotgun fit, but they also have their place when it comes to rifles. If I was having a big bucks custom rifle stock made it would be by a maker who understands such, but I don't see it mentioned often in the rifle threads. Getting it close to correct-and with a scope close is all you need-is not hard for one who understands those dimensions. However, long neck, short neck, barrel chested, arm length, hand size all warrant subtle changes that can make a difference. Then there are those "naturals", give them anything and they will shoot it well.

Kimbers seem to recoil less because of the straight comb, but for me the pitch is wrong and they don't fit my shoulder pocket well in that some of the pad is above my shoulder when mounting offhand. I can adjust, but its not the best. One of the ways I adjust is by placing more weight on the ball of my front foot.

Long winded way to say one size doesn't fit all, but it means nothing if you don't have a basic understanding of what is correct to begin with.

Last edited by battue; 06/03/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler