That's interesting. With the 2.5x8 sitting next to me right now, if I move my head all the way forwards to get full field at full power, then crank it down to 2.5x, the low power performance is noticeably (not subtle, either) worse than ideal, with the head position held constant.

Well, be that as it may, ONE thing that what I did just now showed me is that holy COW you are crawling that stock, compared to where I put my head on it! Wow. You are saying your scope is mounted i/2" further forward even. Factoring that in, on the SA M700 I'm using as a comparison, having my head that far forward is just all wrong for me. It would NEVER work, and I have to say, I'd be a little worried about getting tagged by that scope- and it's a 7mm-08! :-) Something for you guys who are so worried about getting hit by your scope to perhaps consider. It's not a concern, for me, with my scopes mounted the way they are.

To each their own. Whatever works for you. I'd appreciate not being lambasted for mounting my scopes in the way that works for ME, but that may be too much to ask around here.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!