While I would never mount a scope such that I got "black around the image" at full power FOR this purpose, it's simply true that a guy can use that to great effect to minimize parallax when shooting long range with a non-AO scope. I do it all the time. What's more, if any of you would care to step forward and articulate your position on the matter (rather than just be mockingbirds), I will happily prove to you that I am correct on this in one easy, concise post with links and pictures. Got it all ready to go. Any takers? Didn't think so. You guys don't work that way.

Sitka Deer knows all he has to do is show I'm incorrect and I'll leave the forum for a month... But funny thing is, since he knows in a fair debate he'd lose on this one in about 30 seconds, he just hangs around pretending he doesn't read my posts, then takes snide little potshots... laffin'...

On another tangent, I'm still wondering how some of you think a fixed-eye-relief scope is so hard to mount correctly that anyone could screw that one up. I also invite you to articulate how exactly you would mount said fixed-relief scope on a rifle. Use your words. Of course, your words will go like this:

"I mount it where I get full field of view from shooting positions. Then I go out and shoot it a bunch and make sure it works for me from standing, prone, sitting, leaning against a tree, etc!"

Funny thing. Those are my words, too! Go figure. Guess we agree.

Unless one of you wants to grow some 'nads and use your own words to explain how YOU would mount a fixed-eye-relief scope. Hmmmm? Care to play fair, or are you just part of the flock of mockingbirds?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!