I love the 243AI and the 85X will seldom stay in a Moose. The 105A-Max is wonderous and the chambering is a great LR combo for both Tags and Play.

The 308 "wins" by default in some circles,none of which has anything to do with relative performance,but rather mandates. Choices are easiest to make,when there are none.

Where things reliably get interesting,is when one starts gunning combos side by each in like conditions. I routinely suffer such malady,mainly because such things are of interest to me and secondly because I am plagued by having more than one choice. I've shot with an openmind from day one and have learnt a few things in that time and the top of that knowledge base,would be the constant that not all things are equal. Inherent virtues bear fruit and most miss the obvious(do a Search on Dan's Post,for glaring insight into that).

What matters most is the bullet,the bullet,the bullet and folks are in a hurry to forget that. Nothing humors me more,than handing someone their ass at the range or in the field,with an "itty-bitty" chambering,while they phumble [bleep] a Boomer(which is reliably stoked with poor boolits to boot).

We are spoiled in this day and age with available componetry and accoutrement to make them shine. One can build/field a platform that will reliably tax a 1200LRF's abilities to keep up and do so for modest funds if inclined and with amazingly reliable results.

Just might have to upload a few clips for poor Dumb Dan.(grin)