I don't believe everything to be equal.

I believe that for practical purposes, a .308 and a 7-08 do the same dang thing, though.

My analogy about the dirt bikes was a good 'un so I'll repeat it.

What you are saying, is akin to saying that a Yamaha dirt bike running one specific type of racing fuel is "better" than a Kawasaki dirt bike running regular- FOR HIGHWAY TOURING!!

In other words, you are postulating a scenario that virtually no one gives a chit about- the performance on 7-08 and .308 on game out past 600 yards- using a bullet nobody wants to use... and then churning yourself into butter over it.

So congratulations Larry! You win. Using the 162-gn Amax, the 7-08 is superior on paper over the .308 at 600 yards. Wow! Gold star for YOU.

...but since this is plain as day, a matter of simple physics, and was conceded from the very beginning (of my involvement anyway)... what you've REALLY won is... nothing.

Because it's still true that for practical hunting purposes, the kinds of things these rounds are used for by 99.999999 percent of us...

There ain't no damn difference. And I'm still waiting for you to tell us why ~75 fps and 100-odd ft/lbs of energy even MATTERS. You've been dodging that one for about 10 pages now.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!