My best friend of over 25 years played (started) for the University Of Missouri as Nose Guard. He was the smallest Nose Guard in the Big Twelve, but no one could match him for sheer determination and ability (which is why he was a starter).

Anyway, he's got an enormous chest, which he partly inherited through a genetic quirk, but also acquired in the gym. Even at age 50 he still benches well in excess of 300 lbs on a weekly basis. In his prime he could bench over 500 lbs.

About ten years ago he got an itch for a Marlin 45-70. He located one and put a Leupold 2-7 on top. He'd sit at the bench and shoot tiny groups with it in his t-shirt (along with his "lightweight" 7.5lb fiberglass stocked P17 in 416 WBY which he'd shoot til he was black and blue, amassing a batch of targets in the .5" range).

Personally, I'd never touch his rifles because all his scopes were set too far back for me. I'm 5'10" and 160 lbs soaking wet. I'd get scoped in a nano-second if I messed with his rifles.

Regardless, one friend decided he just had to shoot the 45-70 with the 2-7 Leupold. My friend warned him politely that the scope was set too far back for most people. The other guy wouldn't listen. Too bad for him! He settled in and touched her off... WHACK! I'll never forget the scene or the sound... fella had blood running down his face. Not only did he have a wicked gash above his eye, he'd broken his nose badly. My friend adjusted" his nose back in place, and that was that. Lesson learned.

Point is, we're all built differently and handle and shoot rifles differently. I'm a "scope "crawler." Other aren't. Some have big chests... others not so much.

The idea that there's a "correct" way to mount a scope is so absurd as to be laughable and only an imbecile would suggest otherwise.

Jeff's scope wouldn't work for me, but then I'm not Jeff...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery