Originally Posted by TryMe
For someone too dumb to reload,the 223 and 308 are defaults,due mainly to the incredible R&D shifted their direction much of which is attributed to the assorted Accuracy Games.

True, but some of us reload are smart enough to reload, and just like the ease presented by the 223 and 308.

BMT,

The .505BC 175SMK toddling at 2600fps,is akin to gutting a Buck with a broken beer bottle. Now add the .505BC 155 Scenar to the fray and things get sharper.

Neck the suck out of it,insert a .625BC at 2700fps and you've S30V.(grin)

True, the 175 SMK is a tad slow, but that don't bother me none, as a kindly Gnome from Nome once'd tutored me in Turrets. . . . wink This rig don't even got Two-Rhetts. Its a B&C Reticle and the VX-III click adjusters. But, a guy just marks the zero and spins in the "up" direction 15 MOA and hold dead on at 600.

After Spring Bear this glass is going back to Luepie for a set of m-1s.

I hear tell the Hornady is bringing out 175 grain A-Maxs. Might could like those as my 308 is twisted 1 in 10 . . . . . . grin

I have though about necking the suck out of it and twisting up a 358 win. Might even shoot cup and core boolits . . . . grin

The 9mm-08 is the way to go (just funnin' ya there).

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 03/30/09.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II