It’s interesting to see how, where you come from, colors how we interpret the video. Typical white guys (me included) tend to think, despite these idiots with weapons confronting the guy,...”if the black guy just stopped and talked to them and waited for the cops, all would have been fine”. People of color (fair minded I will say) tend to see rednecks wanting to shoot a black man for “jogging” in the neighborhood, leaving him forced to fight for his life. It’s just fascinating how we all interpret what we see through a prism of our own personal world view. There is much we don’t know about this situation, that will be gathered in the investigation. It will add context, nuance and detail and be brought out in a court of law. I hope truth and justice prevail without regard for social consequence, one way or the other.
It also is a real life example of the terrible responsibility that it is to carry a weapon in any kind of confrontation. it’s one thing that makes me hesitant in carrying a concealed weapon. I am not sure, in a highly charged emotional event, that I would not be tempted to use a weapon unwisely and end up putting myself in great legal jeopardy.