Originally Posted by jaguartx
Ok, sorry about that AS. I had thought others had referred to you doing that. My bad.

Thanks Doc, I'll accept your apology.

To be clear, I do not see sufficient evidence to support a claim of either first, or second degree murder. That would require an intent to kill Arbery which hasn't been demonstrated. As for lessor offenses involving death, I haven't studies Georgia statues on them enough to have an opinion.

I see this whole case henging is around one question. When the McMichale's when and got their guns for the purpose of detaining Arbery, were they acting in a lawful nature, or breaking the law.

If they were acting lawfully, and for the sake of argument we'll say conducting a citizen's arrest, they were justified in self defense.

If not, and their stop was a felony, it's Arbery who under Georgia law had the right to "stand his ground" and defend himself, and as the instigators, regardless of Arbery's actions, the McMichael's would have no claim of self defense. Then it becomes a question of Felony Murder, or, if their actions didn't rise to the level of a felony, some lessor offense such as a Georgia version of manslaughter.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 05/17/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell