Originally Posted by jaguartx
Only Leo gets to decide who is dangerous and needs shooting. Getting charged and having someone fighting over your gun is no excuse to shoot someone - if the person attacking is black, unless you are a Leo. No way would they take your gun and shoot you with it.
Sir: If I am headed down the public street on foot unarmed and you head me off twice with a truck and I have no private or public property close by to take refuge in and you obviously not an officer get out with a gun to attempt a hostile action on me am I doing anything unlawful if I try to take control of your firearm? Remember I tried to avoid you once and I'm at that time legally in a place I can be. That is the issue here. The two white men were in no way threatened by the Jogular until they interrupted his travel and displayed a firearm with the implicit and probably explicit threat to shoot him. If he feared for his life was that a rational fear? If he feared for his life what were his options? I for one would NOT have thought submitting to armed men on the street to be an option. My first thought would be take cover and get out of there, absent that option my next move would have been to fight my way out best I could.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."