Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by hookeye
I think the Trayvon Martin case was cut and dry, the media tried to spin it, and a just verdict was rendered.They tried the same BS with the Michael Brown case.This one looks to be quite different.
Actually, it looks EXACTLY the same as Martin. White/Hispanic guy stops suspected criminal, suspect atacks him, gets shot. Is now good.What is the difference you see?
The difference I see is that Trayvon Martin sneaked up on George Zimmerman who had not blocked his path or done any more than try to maintain observation of Martin. These two apparently aggressively cut off the jogger in an attempt to detain him. And then brandished a firearm to control the "suspect". George only pulled a concealed handgun at the last second after a stronger man was in the process of beating him senseless. George did not attempt to detain Mr. Martin and was in fact attacked by Martin who was miffed at being followed. That is a lot of difference. That said, I believe there was no original intent to kill the jogger but unless there is more to this than is now reported the 2 white men accosting him did so illegally. At least the driver/shooter did.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."