Originally Posted by jaguartx

I figure Aubrey read it right, at first. The shooter wasnt planning on shooting, thinking Aubrey would pull over. The shooter, if so inclined could have shot Aubrey before he got to the gun. That was not his plan.

Things changed when Aubrey grabbed the gun. Then shooter probably wondered WTF to do.

Who of you would have just given the nut your gun, even if you realised you had judged and done wrong when you pulled the gun?

Who would think, boy, I screwed up. I better give this pissed off jogger my gun.

The McMichaels had no legal right to intimidate or forcibly detain a free man on the street, because they had no knowledge, nor had they witnessed a commission of a felony.

That puts the felony on them. And they were using guns in the commission of that felony. They had no right to self defense.

It was actions taken by the McMichaels which put them in this position. A position which any reasonable man should have foreseen before they grabbed their guns and jumped in the truck to pursue someone they thought they might have circumstantial evidence which MIGHT link him to a crime which MIGHT have happened at some earlier date. Or perhaps he was considering committing a crime at some future date. So they just figured they would nip it in the bud.

Hell, there has been nothing brought to light yet which would have gotten Arbery convicted in court of theft or burglary.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.