What theses white dudes did was stupid. Whether the black guy was casing the place, looking for stuff to steal (likely) or not is irrelevant. We have to live in the world that is, not the one that should be. All the legal arguments in support of their right to detain this guy don’t matter. If you still think there’s such a thing as the rule of law, fairly applied to all, go talk to General Flynn. We live in a world where cops get in trouble for getting too rough with huge black felons who are trying to kick their ass. You can get fired for refusing to be enthusiastic enough in insisting that a dude in a dress is actually a woman. You can’t use unapproved words to describe protected classes of people without suffering penalties ranging from being socially ostracized to being held in contempt of court. The laws and rules are multi-tiered. How anyone could review the events of the last decade and not figure that out is amazing to me.

These guys would have been in a world of [bleep] even if they’d have been able to detain the dude without shooting him. Who seriously thinks video of several white guys chasing a black guy down the street in a pickup, blocking him off, and then forcibly detaining him, wouldn’t have made national news and got the attention of politically ambitious prosecutors from all over? Yes, he was most likely a thief just like they thought he was but he obviously didn’t have a stack of lumber and fishing tackle on him as he was running down the street and even if he had, it’s not hard to imagine the media and Soros funded prosecutors going after these guys for assault, false imprisonment, hate crimes, profiling, or any other bullshit they could come up with. But the dude is dead and now these guys are completely and utterly screwed. Given the circumstances, that outcome was or should have been seen as possible if not likely given the way the world really is these days. To me, catching a black thief ain’t worth that kind of risk. If he’s in your house, yes. If he just raped and murdered the neighbor’s wife, yes. If you see him nosing around a construction site and figure he’s the thief that’s been stealing stuff from the neighborhood, I wouldn’t risk it.