Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by billhilly
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If you thought some guy matched the description of a rapist, would you stop them and suggest they wait for police?

What level of proof would you say is required to detain someone?
What level of force is appropriate to keep them detained if they decide to leave?

If this was answered I missed it.

You’re expecting an answer from people that think a few seconds of video is enough to convict or exonerate somebody without an investigation.

A few seconds of video is all it is going to take to convict these guys.

You watched it and decided they’re guilty as sin. Others watched it and decided they were innocent as lambs. Some people think the dead guy attacked them. Some people think he was just trying defend himself.

Here’s a clue to what I’m trying to tell you. Different people can see the same exact thing and interpret it in absolutely opposite ways. That’s why you need more information to determine exactly what it is that happened. Snap judgements are very seldom correct.

GFY. I didn’t conclude anything other than they would be crucified by the media and prosecutors because that’s the world we live in today. Hell. The feds are already looking into adding “hate crimes” to the pile on. You obviously haven’t read a damned thing I’ve written on this thread or if you did, you’re as dumb as a box of rocks. You’re trying to give me a clue about different people having different perspectives when my entire point is an indictment of current perspective and snap judgments. Seriously?
Yes, they’ll have and investigation run by an outraged and politically motivated prosecutor who leaks like a sieve to an equally outraged media. Then they’ll have a trial with an elected judge, outraged prosecutor, and a jury that’s been hearing from the media 24/7 about how evil these racist guys are. My point is that this was an entirely predictable outcome from the point they decided to chase the black dude down.

Last edited by billhilly; 05/12/20.