Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I still want to know how a retired cop in bumphuck Georgia can afford a three hundred thousand dollar house? An honest cop that is? Especially a cop with the level of intelligence displayed on the fateful day in question.

I suspect we may be arning much more about the life and times of Officer McBubba over the coming months. Depending on the strength of that "Thin Blue Line". Who knows? Perhaps his wife is an heiress?

Not out of the question presuming his wife was/had been gainfully employed, note too his 30yo son was living at home, likely pitching in on the mortgage.

If they had been living in the area for generations, the sale of a prior residence and/or property could have helped finance the home purchase.

Doesn’t matter now, a few minutes of poor choices and bad judgement and they’ve lost everything.

Hell, I can not even imagine the tax burden on a $300,000 home. How about HOA fees to keep up the water supply, streets, community parks and play areas? What's that take? $250K/annum gross to cover local, state, federal taxes, mortgage, insurance, and pay for the pickup used in the assault and murder?

The report which listed the value of McBubba Sr's home listed the address and also a separate address for McBubba Jr. But obviously Jr is spending much time at Sr's house as he was there for the day of the murder and he was there for the arrest.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.