Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I think the original prosecutor had it correct. That’s self defense when Arbery came around the truck and rushed the guy with the shotgun. He could have kept running or stopped and waited for the police but he chose to attack an armed man and he’s thankfully dead and can no longer spread his genetic stupidity. There’s lots of talk about what lead up to this and there may be a crime there but at the point of the shoot it was Arbery attacking and attempting to take the mans weapon.

It's pretty plausible and very possible if a pissed off Aubrey had successfully taken that gun from him, Aubrey would be the one arrested and headed for trial. That concern was also probably on the guys mind as he struggled with Aubrey over the gun. It would have been one of my concerns, proof I'm a little sharper than some on here. wink

Dr. J: Does not even a Negro have the right to use a public street? Does not even a Negro have the right to stand his ground? The only close similarities in this case and the Trayvon/Zimmerman case are that a white man shot a black man.

Last edited by Hastings; 05/17/20. Reason: added 2 words

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."