Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

It's a public park.

That's the whole purpose of a public park.

I didn't say he was loitering (hanging out in a public place for an unlawful purpose). I said the cop has a right to approach someone he thinks might be loitering (even if based strictly on a hunch) and ask questions about whether or not he was. Just like I could do that, if I chose to. There are no laws against asking people questions, and you aren't allowed to intentionally place me in fear of physical harm for doing so (aggressive posturing, approaching with flailing arms while shouting and cursing angrily, etc.). That would be a crime.

And if you personally choose to make a habit out of harassing innocent people in public places in the manner you describe, you better be prepared for a few black eyes, bloody noses, and perhaps even the need to use that CCW you carry.

And again, since you would be the aggressor, invading peoples' personal space, asking demanding questions, not complying when said person told you to Fug Off and leave them alone, you would be the instigator. The one guilty of a criminal act.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.